One of L&W’s largest core markets, the Electric Utility industry has been a major focus for the company since its inception. L&W has a sound reputation in the industry, is well recognized due to a nationwide presence and has longstanding affiliations with major trade organizations such as UTC and ENTELEC.
With a varied Client base, L&W has gained experience working with Utilities of all sizes, ranging from small electric cooperatives to very large investor-owned entities. Technology has changed over the years in the energy sector, but one constant remains: the need for reliable communication networks.
Whether focusing on a new LMR system, or redesigning a backhaul solution, L&W takes a tailored approach with each client, providing a host of services, including:
- Master Planning – short- and long-term for all systems
- Black Start Planning
- Systems Requirements/Needs Analysis
- Conceptual Design Work/Budgetary Estimates
- Vendor and technology tradespace analysis
- Procurement Support
- Detailed Engineering
- Site Work - Surveys, Path Walks
- Implementation & Project Management Support
- Frequency acquisition strategy and planning
- FCC Licensing
The Electric Utility industry is seeing a great deal of change and increased potential with the progression of technology. L&W has worked with a large number of clients to integrate these emerging capabilities.
- Smart Grid – AMI/AMR
- Distribution Automation – Capacity Planning
- IP/MPLS – routing efficiencies
- Video Security/Access Control
- 700MHz Public/Private Partnerships
- NERC/FERC/CIP Requirements
L&W has the experience and capability to help its clients plan, design and implement the appropriate solution for short- and long-term needs in the constantly changing Electric Utility environment.